WE LEAVE TOMORROW!

 Welp, Gulp, this is it.


We are packing up the car later today and heading down to North Carolina tomorrow and will move her into her dorm on Thursday.




I've made 100 edits to lists, packed, repacked, organized, can't be more ready to move in. It's more of all the anticipation and waiting to just get it done. Once she's in and settled, I'll be able to breathe for a moment. I'm a compartmentalizer. I have to tackle and get through one obstacle, then move onto the next. That's how I navigate through life. Whatever needs to be put on the backburner until this big thing is done, so be it. That's how I roll.


We had a really nice visit with my parents and a good bye breakfast with them yesterday. My Dad has been really sick again with pneumonia. He's on major meds for two weeks. So discouraging for them. But I'm glad we got a nice visit with them in. Tomorrow my Mom offered to drop Char and I off at the airport which is a huge help.


Tonight, I will pack a small bag to throw in the car for the hotel, this way we only have to bring a small bag on the plane. Like I said, for today, I'm concentrating on packing a super organized car. That's what I'm doing today. Tomorrow, I'll worry about flying!


So many family and friends and other Moms have reached out with words of encouragement and navigating this. It's nice to have a strong support system. It's important to let myself feel all those feels and navigate the newness of it all. Launching her into this exciting new part has been what we've worked on for the last 17 years. So go HER!


Then with Charlotte being the first to leave in her entire grade, I can be support for the others who are feeling what I'm feeling when their kid leaves in 2 1/2 weeks.


I already have a fun visit planned to see Marina in September with my sister and Mom and then we are headed down to UNC late October for a big parents' weekend. So great stuff to look forward to.


I will sign off for the next few days as we get settled in Chapel Hill. I'll report back on Sunday with  a huge recap of the move!


Wish us luck. xo Ann

Comments