The Final FIVE Day Countdown!

 Yes, 5 days left and counting until we take Charlotte to college! I/ve spent the last 3 weeks since her party ordering, organizing, shopping, list making, purging, packing, appt making, labeling, you name it this mama has thought of it. It's not like we can just "run" something  over to her at school because she's 20 minutes away if she forgets it and with the way snail mail has been going these days, forget it. So, you kind of have to think about what she's going to need before she needs it, if that makes sense.


We just bought our first big Parents' Weekend Football tickets! We are so excited to have that to look forward to in October! 


I mentioned we rented a bigger, more spacious SUV to transport everything. I'll also pack my suitcase in there so I don't have to drag it on the airplane. Yay. Char will just bring her backpack. So it will be a lot less stuff for us to navigate. Web is lucky if he'll fit in that packed car! He will leave super early on Wednesday at like 5 AM and our flight is at 3 PM which hopefully, will be timed pretty close to have him grab us from the airport. Then we will check into the hotel, get our heads on straight and move her in at noon on Thursday! The other Suite Moms she's living with made a UNC Moms Group Chat and have included me so we can socialize on Parents' Weekend. Those Texans sure are cordial y'all! What a breath of fresh air!

So, we finished packing EVERYTHING she and I yesterday, we hung all of her clothes on hangers and packed the casual clothes in the rolling bins that will be stored under her bed, so we pre-packed them so we just have to put them right under her bed. I've tried to pre-pack and organize everything so it's a fast set up. Hopefully! I'm glad we built in an extra day to acclimate, decompress and process. We will be running on adrenaline on move in day on Thursday and we need that Friday, for a million different reasons. So we will head home on Saturday. Probably be home Saturday night! She starts classes on Monday. So it's no time to really do anything but pre-walk where her classes will be. Her schedule is back to back from 8 AM until noon or 1. The campus is 760 acres, so getting from class to class has to be fast and well thought out. Lots of people buzzing around on scooters and bikes. Now I know why. Hilly very hilly too. Makes Cornell look like amateur hour. It's bigger than Cornell if you can imagine. Her Dad really wanted her to choose there, but she didn't like it or get a good vibe. I think he was obviously partial to it because it's where he's from. She did not like the town of Ithaca. And that was that. So I'm so happy she decided to go here. The actual Chapel Hill town/city is GORGEOUS! And you literally walk off campus into this gorgeous famous Franklin Street that is lined with cafes and boutiques and parks and restaurants and just an overall great, welcoming, warm vibe. It really is as beautiful as everyone says. So we are so happy and proud of her and the opportunities she'll have there. Just wow!

So, now she's spending the last few days saying her "see you soons" and getting all of her appts. in. My sister, Marina and Spiro are taking her out for a nice farewell dinner tonight and I'll take her over to see my parents before we leave. They are dropping us off at the airport, I can't imagine the tears flowing from there. Yikes.


So that's a Charlotte college update. Just soaking in these last few days with her. Movies, ice cream, chill time, it's been real nice.





Okay y'all. Happy Friday! Ann


Comments