Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree.

 Hey guys. Happy Post- Thanksgiving Break. And I laugh at the word break . The only "break" was that I didn't have to wear dress clothes for five days. LOL But, we survived the after Thanksgiving clean-up. Which basically took two days to wash and put away everything and get the house back to some normal state before I even attempted to think about decorating for the holidays. Our attic is HUGE, but very packed with all of my decorations and it's a reaaaalllly hard space to get to and navigate. The only way up to it, is through a secret ceiling cut out in the guest room closet, so use your imagination here. A small closet space, a small ceiling cut out with huuuge decorations. Yea, it's somethin' alright. So once we get everything down, then it's a tedious process for me to go through bins, etc. Separate inside and outside decor. It takes hours. Then toss whatever I won't use again and send back up to the attic, stuff I just won't use this year. In a perfect world, I'd have a stand up attic that's beautifully organized but as Web put it, we do this twice a year it's fine. Oy!




So yesterday, Sunday, I spent most of the day wrapping my head around the outside decor. First Web and I spent two hours doing a big outdoor clean up. My back is sore today. Ouch. Then, we decorated for hours. It came out real nice. I'm happy with it. It's fun and festive and all ready for Charlotte's birthday on Friday.



Char and I will decorate the tree tonight while the husband is out again, but this time at a fancy steak place for all of his Union negotiating. I said what about the spouses who kept all those fires burning when you were not here? Right?




Anyway, so the girl and I will have a quiet night. Which is nice. Tomorrow I will take her over to mom and dad's who are buying her a new mitt for softball for her birthday. She's excited.


Hope you are all well on this Cyber Monday. Good deals out there today :)

Love,

Ann

Comments