Charlotte Update Part 2

 Happy Sunday!


Just a quick pop in. Charlotte has been in UNC for 10 days already. Finished up a full week of classes. Had two quizzes alteady. And has also managed to get a cold. LOL She's hanging in there though.




Her roommates are all very busy with their sports, cheerleading sororities, ROTC, etc. They all managed to get together last night and head out to a really nice dinner on Franklin Dtreet last night which I was happy to see. Today, she is working on schoolwork and they are going to the soccer game for a bit. She seems to be adjusting nicely. Obviously, she has bouts of homesickness, more so when there's downtime and that's to be expected or I'd say she's soulless! So, all in all she's doing well, the food is great, her 7 roommates are great. And she enters week 2.... Me not being able to see her for 2 months is a bit much.Like not normal for it to be that late in the fall. So I'm not loving that at all and I hope there's a visit sooner in my future. Most Parents' Weekends arein September, so... Because your kids need to see you by then.


Anyway, we went out to dinner last night with a travel softball couple we became frineds with so that was nice. They also just dropped off their only daughter upstate who is playing basketball for a college and again, it's a 5 hour drive and they want to watch her play, so it's a big adjustment for their entire family. UGH.


So, I'm hoping she has a nice afternoon down in NC. Missing her like crazy, but that's to be expected. House is real big and quiet.


Off to keep myself busy. The coach starts his coaching tomorrow, so at least he;ll be pre-occupied.

Have a great Sunday! Hugs, Ann   

Comments