She's doing GREAT!
We speak every day, a few times throughout the day. It's been wonderful. She calls me. If she has a break between classes and has time to kill. The Face Times are amazing!
She looks amazing. The southern heat and humidity has taken time to get used to. She's still not used to it. But she'll get there. She loves all 7 of her roommates. There is always someone to go for a walk/workout with, go to a dining hall, etc.
She decided to pick up a band class. I'm so glad we packed her flute. It will meet on Monday evenings and it will be something fun for her to do. She was excited about that!
She's learning her way around campus, has already had a lot of work, reading, etc. Already had one quiz. They are keeping her on her toes! Her roommate is rushing a sorority so it works out that Char has some alone time in the room to study and do her work which is great. She was also to wake up early on her first day of classes to take a sip from the Old Well, which is a landmark on campus and a first day tradition to bring good luck for the year and good grades! She did it :)
I'm hanging in there, the first few days were fine, then the last two days have been a bit, meh. It comes in waves. As to be expected. But I have a really nice support group in my girlfriends and family. They are helping. Face Time is great, but reality sets in when I/m not going to physically see her until the end of October. But, trying to keep busy. I definitely have schoolwork to tend to, we have Superintendent's Conference Day two days next week. Once I get into my school routine, I'll feel a bit better ( I guess lol)
Today, we went to the beach, Barb came also. It was beautiful, but again, missed Char like crazy.
We will take Marina out on Friday to say "good-bye" for dinner. She gets moved in next week on the 27th. So lots of big changes and emotions running in our family. Thank goodness we have each other :)
So, I'm getting though. I sent her and her suite mates a real big first week of classes package that arrived today already! I will have fun putting together packages!
That's the update for now. Chat soon. xo Ann



Comments
Post a Comment