Back to the Grind

 Happy Friday!


We've been back to work these last two days. Crazy, busy. But trying to get in the swing of working between 2 different buildings. It's fine. Just getting used to it. Also, was kind of good to be busy and not dwelling on the silence in the house with Charlotte gone.



My sister and Spiro dropped off Marina yesterday at Sacred Heart. So that was emotional and exhausting for them! We were in that same spot 2 1/2 weeks ago. It's A LOT. So I'm glad I can now be there for Barb.


They settled her in nicely and she starts her classes on Monday! She will also be rushing a sorority so YAY for Marina :)




We have a girl's weekend planned to visit her on September 12th. It's only an hour and a half from here so it's great. I'm excited. Something to look forward to.


Our little NC Tar Heel is already done with 2 weeks of classes and she's doing GREAT!  She's had a lot of work, quizzes a few times a week, just joined the Biology Club and is out and about with her suitemates enjoying gorgeous Chapel Hill. It's nice that the actual city is a 10 min walk from campus. They  spend a lot of time walking around, eating out, going to Pilates class, you name it. They shop at Target on Main street (Franklin St) there and love it. She's going to meet her professors during office hours and really doing great.


She Face Times me a few times a day, which I LIVE for. To see her face is the best! Her stories are hilarious. I love it. She's still beating the heat down there so that's taking some getting used to but all of her classes are finished by 12 when it starts to get really hot. She has very early, busy days. I love the pictures she sends me of campus...




Then she utilizes are quiet afternoons to seclude herself in the library to finish her work. She's doing a great job at time management.


So I miss her like crazy and wish I was seeing her sooner than later. We have no school today or Monday then the kids come on Tuesday. And off we go!


Just chilling out this weekend. No big plans, cleaning, organizing, etc.

Have the best weekend! Can't believe the 2 youngest grandkids are off and away! xo Ann

Comments