Dorm Shopping Chronicles.

 Happy Monday everyone!


Well, Charlotte and I had a super productive weekend putting a huge dent in all of the dorm room essentials. It was weighing on us and we said after the big party is over and our trip to UNC we will plow through everything! It's A LOT. Anyone with a girl going away knows the expense and time it takes to furnish and decorate an entire dorm room. Not like when Web went to college and he told us, "Oh I just brought a suitcase, guitar and stereo." Yeah, um, no. Not in 2026 or EVER! For girls anyway. And not for someone moving to NC. 



Anyway, it was A LOT. Like I said before, thank goodness for my parents and Uncle Joe's generosity to fund that. So blessed. We did a huge shipment online through Amazon and then we completed the order at Target on Saturday! It feels so good to almost be done. She leaves very soon. The only thing left she and I have to do is pre-wash everything and buy all of the medical box goods and toiletries. We will take 2 days next week to do that, then she and I will start to pack away and label everything for an easy move in transition. She and I are flying down on Aug 12th and her Dad is driving the whole truck down filled with her stuff. We will meet up later the 12th at the hotel and then she moves in Aug 13th in the afternoon. She has a strict scheduled move in time so it has to be fast and efficient, then her roommate moves in an hour and a half later so we need to be gone to give her and her parents their privacy.



The he and I will drive back I guess the 14th or 15th depending on how much Char needs us. Her classes start right away on Aug 17th!


No one here leaves for college in the North East until late August, so at least we will be done and over with this part while everyone else is then going through it. We have a 2 week jump on them.


I'm SO EXCITED for her and all the UNC opportunities that await. Let her fly and be with all those smarties. It'll be the best, most fulfilling time of her life and I'm so proud and happy for her. What a blessing and opportunity she'll have. I cannot wait to see what her future brings!


So we are in the thick of DORM ROOM packing here. Brings me back to when my parent's living room was FILLED with all of my things to bring away to college! So great that she has a bunch of roommates where they all don't have to bring vacuums and TVs etc, like I did. Most of them don't even watch TV. Charlotte and her roommate don't. They watch whatever on the computer or their phone. It's great. So no bulky things to transport. The biggest thing will be a nightstand that we nay pre-assemble so we don't waste time while we are there.


Can't believe it's all happening. SO FUN!!!! It's like I'm reliving it all through her now. What a great thing. Like I said, we will probably be down there and see her more than expected with events for parents. Yay. And Barb and I said we'd plan a road trip down there at some point too. Barb wants to see it. And I will be making a bunch of quick trips to see Marina right here in CT. So everyone wins!




Hope you are all good. Heat finally broke, it's been beautiful. The garden and my hydrangeas are still thriving! Love the. Hugs, Ann



  

Comments