In a lot of different ways! LOLLLLLL
At least packing up our little UNC girl for college. I have been working my fingers to the bone to get all of her things ordered, packed efficiently, organized by category and linens steamed. The only thing she left to do is to buy her new backpack, pick out the clothes she's taking and print out her photos to put on a bulletin board. Other than that. We are done. I packed everything up yesterday into those giant moving bags with handles I bought months ago. They are amazing. Forget bulky, old school boxes, this is definitely the way to go. Welcome to modern times! LOL I spent 2 hours yesterday steaming all of the curtains they are hanging in the room. 3 pairs. And the decorative pillow shams. I'm not the type of Mom who is sending my kid to school with stuff I'm opening on move in day for the first time that's been sitting crumpled up in an amazon package for 6 weeks. Sorry. I will NEVER be that uninterested or uninvolved when it comes to presentation. Says a lot about who YOU are. Like don't be lazy, steam the curtains for your kid. Go the extra mile.
So, I finished. Great feeling. We will pack up in exactly 11 days from now! Wow. Looking forward to just getting her down there and settled. That's the part that weighs on everyone.
So we rented a bigger SUV so that's great. Got the hotel for one extra night because the hell I'm sitting in a car for 9 hours right after I spend an entire afternoon moving her in. That's just dumb. It's not like I have anything important to get home to. So we will most probably start to head home that Saturday but I'm not sure. Her classes start that Monday, so she'll need time to walk around find where her classes are and get acclimated.
I just want the extra day to catch MY breath and take her anywhere she needs to go while we are there with a car. Most of the trips down there for us will be flying.
So, the weather here has finally given us some much needed rain. My flowers were so in need of it. Raining again today, which has forced me to start cleaning, purging closets and deep cleaning after this big college dorm install and on the heels of that big party I hosted. I still have to tackle all of my decorations in the basement. I already had a co-worker reach out to borrow some of my decor for a party she's having this weekend.
So that's that for now. Charlotte has 2 days left of her summer camp job. Thank goodness. She works two jobs and it really is unnecessary. So we'll be glad when this all ends and she and I can spend some much needed time together before she leaves. Can't wait to enjoy what's left of the summer with her. Then Marina doesn't leave (as do all kids in the Northeast) until the very end of August!
Have a great weekend! Annie



Comments
Post a Comment