We're Back From CT (again)

 Happy Sunday Night guys... TIIIIIREEED here.




Charlotte and I drove up to CT on Friday right after she got out of school. We sat in A LOT of Friday traffic. It took us a grueling 4 hours to get there. It should have been a 2 hour drive. We crawled into the hotel room around 7 PM Friday night. She was a good co-pilot and we shared a lot of laughs and singing! LOL 


I had her on the field by 9;30 AM on Saturday for a really HOT, long day. Temps reached 90 degrees and the field had no shade. I was flying solo and did not have enough strength to carry that heavy tent, a chair and a cooler throughout that large field, so I was baking in that sun for 8 hours. It was brutal.




Web had a x-country meet ALL day on Saturday but made it up for the very last part of the last game. At that point, the day was over and everyone, athletes, coaches and parents were DONE.





We slept hard last night, then the alarm went off at 5:45 AM to get her over to the field by 7 for SEVEN hours of playing today! At least I had Web with me today, who can still barely walk, but at least there was some help with carrying the stuff. We've been saying this for 2 years and it's time, Web, let's dig deep into savings and splurge the 50 bucks for a wagon to cart this stuff back and forth, Yeah, I'd say it's time.



We just crawled in the door. It was almost 7 PM after we unpacked the car and settled in. I just sat down to do schoolwork for tomorrow. I cannot wait to crawl into my own bed.





HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BEAUTIFUL MOM tomorrow (9/16)

Can't wait to see her to celebrate.

Have a great week everyone. Off to Massachusetts next weekend for a softball camp at MIT and my birthday!

Love,

Annie


Comments