WE DID IT!

 Today was the OFFICIAL last day of work for Mr. Web and I. It's time to breathe and exhale for TWO months! Holy Bleep! We crawled across the finish line today. CRAWWWWLED.




Yesterday, Web and I alone hosted a 200 person faculty luncheon for every teacher, TA, security guard, secretary, custodian and administrator in the building. No easy task, but we did it. DONE and everyone was so appreciative and enjoyed it. But this hostess is tiiiiired, man oh man.



I went over to the school Wednesday night to set up "quick!" Ha. THREE hours later, with Web leaving to drive Charlotte to and fro. It was A LOT. We had to fix the set up the custodians just threw together for us. It was a mishmash of tables, chairs all thrown haphazardly in the gym. They were super swamped and busy so Web and I had to re-do what they attempted to go to make the set up efficient for 200 people. Lord.

(Quite the spread)




He went yesterday morning with a few people from his dept to pick up all the food and I was waiting for them in the gym to set it up. It just runs more smoothly with just he and I putting it all together. As with anything on a scale this big, less cooks in the kitchen, the BETTER! For a million different reasons. It's harder on you in the long run, but less micro-managing, etc.

(The Dessert & Fruit table went on and on...)



Anyway, it was a huge success, we had enough food, which is always a concern. Because, well, um, people overtake and it sucks, but, some people suck. LOL 


I bought beautiful impatiens to put in pots for the tables but had a plan in my head to repurpose them in my own garden. So that makes me happy. I will try and plant them in the ground this weekend.




Charlotte has a weekend full of softball. I will not be at tomorrow's games because I have a girl's day planned with my friends. I know, how dare I do something for myself? LOL Mom guilt. But we've had this planned for a while and I'm not going to back out. She also has softball on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday so I'll make it up to her. Ha! A softball marathon! It's all weather permitting though. They are calling for mucho rain. My sinuses were killing me today :(


Other than these two teachers and one tired kid being done with school, that's all I have today. We are very happy and relieved. No 5 AM alarm for 2 months! What's better than that? Not too much!


Sending hugs to everyone. Happy SUMMER! Woop. Praise the LORD!

Love,

Ann 



Comments

  1. We made it Annie! Wow, some year! That lunch kicked butt, Annie. Thank you! XO YAY SUMMER

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to help but am so glad it's over! Happy Summer! xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment